Ahh summertime! The days are longer, our skin gets darker and our hair gets lighter. We spend more time outdoors playing, relaxing, and BBQing. There is also a lot of entertaining to be done at home, most likely outside on your deck.
But what if your deck just isn't up to par and replacing it just isn't in the cards this year? There are ways to fix up your deck without spending a ton of money. Here are a few tips and tricks to pretty up your deck for the summer.
- Clean your deck! Sometimes all your deck needs is a little TLC. A garden hose or power washer and a push broom will usually do the trick. Remove all furniture and plants from the deck to make sure you don't miss any spots.
- Add paint or a stain. Painting or staining your deck is a great way to bring a deck back to life. It adds some color and helps to protect it from the elements.
- Paint a "rug" on your deck. If you choose to paint your deck, maybe get a little creative and paint a "rug" on it. Pick a few of your favorite colors, a funky pattern and have fun! You can find tutorials and ideas online.
- Add lighting. Illuminating your outdoor living space has never been easier and it doesn't even have to be wired to your house! You can buy solar lights just about anywhere these days and they are extremely affordable.
- Create "rooms". If your deck is big enough, you could create spaces that mimic the inside of your home. Place the BBQ at one end with a table to create the "kitchen". At another end, arrange your patio furniture like you would the furniture in your living room. The different spaces allow for guests to move around and engage in different conversations.
Your deck doesn't have to be that boring spot where you bbq while everyone else waits inside. Make it fun and engaging. Make it bright and inviting. Make it a space you'd be proud to show off!
If you found this article helpful, feel free to check out our website at www.uniquitybuilders.com.
Also, please be sure and click on this link to "like" us on Facebook!